Below are some great organizations to volunteer with to make a difference in food waste
Table of Contents
Become a Food Runner
Check out Food Rescue US, DC’s First Food Runner Program!!!
If you need help with:
- transportation of your food donations
- need to receive more food donations
- would like to make a difference with hunger and food waste in DC by volunteering to help transport food donations
Food Rescue US is food runner app, that’s been around for more than a half decade in numerous cities around the country, that successfully organizes volunteers to help transport food donations to places that need food, overcoming one of the biggest barriers in food recovery: transportation.
Community Food Rescue
Montgomery County Food Runner Program
Organizations to Join Gleaning Trips With
Gleaning is the act of collecting excess fresh foods from farms, gardens, farmers markets, grocers, restaurants, dumpsters etc. often for distribution to poor & hungry
IONA Senior Services (DC farmer markets)
Mid Atantic Gleaning Network (MAGNET)
Organizations to Volunteer With
Volunteer with the DC Food Recovery Working Group
Current Projects that need Volunteers
- Website development
- Social media promotion
- Resource development (flyers, pamphlets, etc)
- Translations of resources into other languages
Please email email@example.com if interested.